Welcome to my world of animals, quilts, art and color!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Why isn't art a verb?

You can be drawing, painting, sketching, quilting, collaging but you can't be arting!!  We need a new verb for those of us who work/play in a variety of forms.  I'm tired of telling people I play with glue and paper.  Maybe I should say I'm investigating the properties of various forms of adhesive mediums for use with tissue paper.  That should keep them guessing.

Anyway, I haven't blogged for awhile (even posting blogs has a verb!) but I have been "arting".

First, lots of zentangles!  I prefer to call it "ink art"!

Pigma Pens, 8 1/2 x 11 inches

Pigma Pens, 9 x 12 inches with watercolor background


Pigma pens Moleskine journal with watercolor background

Pigma pens Moleskine journal with chalk pastel backgroun

card for a friend on watercolor

Pigma pen on watercolor paper.

Pigma pen in Moleskine journal.

And a couple of collages:




This one started with tissue paper for a background and Sakura Pen-touch Gold


And finally, one that looks better in real life.  Or maybe I just think it does. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment